I've had these half-way done for a very long time, in fact I'm tempted to dig through my email to find when I ordered them. Either way, I got the urge to finish them off Sunday afternoon and they made it out of the queue last evening.
The models are Mongoose "A Call to Arms: Noble Armada" minis which are sadly out of production now. They'll form the core of a fleet for my spaceship game, StarDust.
The fleet's ships are loosely based on Chess pieces. Perhaps they'll get a trial run in the next week or two.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tis The Season
The season of the witch, that is. I'm on another tangent right now and have dipped my toe back in the 1/72 pool. The models are from Re...
-
Mark J and I went to Southern Front game convention in Raleigh, North Carolina last weekend for a couple of fantastic days of dice and toy ...
-
My dad passed away in his sleep Friday morning. We're still kind of in shock, particularly my mom, but are doing well. He had not been s...





Lovely, and they look magnificent against that table, too!
ReplyDeleteThanks! Ye' olde kitchen table / painting table. I have the worst painting setup in the hobby. Honestly though, it keeps me organized since I have to tear my whole setup down at least once a week - I don't get the typical "pile of crap" build up that used to happen when I had a dedicated painting station.
DeleteNice ships, never seen them before.
ReplyDeleteAre you planning to expand StarDust?
I have expanded StarDust to include a lot more ships, weapons and equipment items. What needs to be done is time-consuming gloss and I just haven't put my nose to the grindstone. It's unbelievable how much effort is required to put a comprehensive game together and honestly, I'd rather be painting! The 1.1 version will be free to anyone who already owns StarDust (both of you! hahahaha).
DeleteWell, I know what you're talking about... I'm trying to create my home-brew set of rules and it's so hard to put idea on paper!
DeleteAnd I didn't even start to look at putting a point system.
Yeah - point systems are for the birds. A 100-point tank isn't worth 100 points in all situations.
DeleteRule-writing is a weird thing for sure. Play it out solo on the kitchen table and re-do things a lot if you're getting really skewed dice results. I remember playtesting some rank and file fantasy rules that I'd come up with and the Elves' dice just kept rolling 8s the whole time - it was the stupidest playtesting attempt ever.
Where can I purchase a copy of the rules?
DeleteThey're available on Lulu.com - https://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?contributorId=1264781
DeleteThety look great,... but needs more Piiiigs! :-)
ReplyDelete