31 January 2019

Gaming Con! *Rapier 2019*

     February 8th and 9th I'll be heading down to Jacksonville, Florida for Rapier 2019. It's a fun little gaming con that I've been attending for a few years now. I'll be heading down early on Friday to play in the Blood and Plunder tournament Friday afternoon and will be hosting a Star Fleet Battles game Saturday afternoon.

     For B&P I'll use my South Americans (Hovitos). There's a lot to be said for simplicity and the way I set them up, they'll be easy for my old brain to manage in a tournament situation. I tend to put tournament X-Wing lists together in a similar fashion. The less I have to remember, the better off I am. Either way, it should be fun!

     The SFB scenario will be one I came up with a few years ago that we played in December of 2015. It's low-powered and doesn't require a lot of game experience so casual players won't have too much difficulty joining in.

     We may also play Frostgrave on Saturday morning if we can find a spot. If that doesn't pan out, it'll be Battletech for me!

My brother in law is printing this Belloq miniature for me. The Hovitos will have a proper leader!



4 comments:

  1. Huzzah for SFB and (possible) Battletech! Hope you have a great time, and try to take a lot of pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Too bad you dont speak Hovito, Doctor Jones!"

    Sorry couldnt help myself. Looks to be a good time, Ski!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cannot wait to beat the "tsk tsk" throat cut thing into the ground!

      Delete

Tis The Season

 The season of the witch, that is. I'm on another tangent right now and have dipped my toe back in the 1/72 pool. The models are from Re...