19 February 2017

The Landing Pad

I was perilously close to buying a 15mm VTOL landing platform this morning when I talked my self out of the purchase and into making one myself. It may not be quite as fancy, but it'll work just fine.


Step 1 - the assembly. 4" X 4" balsa with a textured plastic sheet glued on. 1/4" balsa to lift it off the ground a bit.

Step 2 involved spraying it black.I found a cup with a nearly 4-inch diameter which conveniently helped me stamp a yellow circle on the platform. Oh, I also slapped together a ramp from some leftover scraps.


Step 3 - I did a light drybrush of some metallic shade and a heavy wash of dirty brown that doesn't show up well under flash photography. I also added some algae / fungus growing on the corner - suitable for it's jungle home. The Critical Mass Games VTOL looks perfect on it. I'm quite happy with the result.

2 comments:

  1. Nice idea. I like the tip of using a cup to make the circle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it. I'm looking forward to putting on the game table.

      Delete

Tis The Season

 The season of the witch, that is. I'm on another tangent right now and have dipped my toe back in the 1/72 pool. The models are from Re...