16 June 2016

Baseball

My wife asked that I share my most recent defeat at her hands.


I picked up a bunch of 2000 and 2001 MLB Showdown cards recently because a) it's a great game and b) my kids could stand to learn a thing or two about baseball. I played a very basic game with my bride she walloped me, 9-5. Beginner's luck.

4 comments:

  1. So you mean that once the beginner's luck wins off you'll be losing 9-1? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, 'wears off' that should be! Hope you enjoy many more such games :)

      Delete
    2. You wound me, sir! I'm still, and shall remain indefinitely, the reigning Comic Box MLB Showdown League Champ!

      I bought enough cards to handle small league. Once I get my wife and kids trained up, I hope to be able to run us through a short season.

      Delete
    3. I used to love playing a friend's home-made solitaire test cricket game. From about 1987 through to 1990 we would play out whole seasons on it. Marvellous prep for becoming a wargamer, so I can certainly understand the appeal of baseball games!

      Cheers,
      Aaron

      Delete

Tis The Season

 The season of the witch, that is. I'm on another tangent right now and have dipped my toe back in the 1/72 pool. The models are from Re...