Frostgrave - Back on the Table!

Early last week David and I kicked around ideas for a game for Sunday afternoon and decided on Frostgrave. He had never played and my only experience with it was at least a year ago with a one-off game with Ziggy. I put together a couple of warbands and settled on one that had sufficient character and charisma for me. I hope we can keep the Frostgrave going and make a proper campaign out of it, at least 6-8 games worth anyway.

My warband - Band of Orcses
Cosmo - Elementalist Wizard
Pinkie - Apprentice
Sunz - Orc at Arms
Doc - Tracker
Stikka - Infantryorc
Stabba - Infantryorc
Crazy Eye - Thief
Angry - Thug

And my Spells:
Elemental Bolt
Elemental Shield
Elemental Hammer
Leap
Enchant Weapon
Fleet Feet
Blinding Light
Animal Companion

David and Dennis came over early in the afternoon and we got set up. David had a Thaumaturge with FOUR warhounds in tow. Dennis went with a Summoner crew including a couple of crossbowmen and a barbarian.

We played The Living Museum scenario since it didn't require much in the way of extra bits. My son lent us some Lego minifigs to act as the living statues.

Half of the band. From left to right that's Angry, Pinkie, Doc and Stikka. I didn't take a whole lot of pictures since the action was pretty constant.

Late in the game Dennis' apprentice rolls a "1" attempting a Summon Demon. One giant snot monster, coming up! He would manage to Bind it, getting in a bit of short-term utility out of the miscast.

In the end, each of us nabbed two treasures. I lost my thug, Angry. David had at least one dog die and a Man-At-Arms miss the next scenario. Dennis had a thug die as well. No major setbacks for any of us. I did my darndest to kill Dennis' crossbowmen, but the wounds wouldn't stick. We all had a good time and I think it went over well enough to result in more games!

I've ordered a few extra orc minis to add a bit of variety to my group. I ended up with 280GC after the game and need to replace the thug. Might as well replace him with something a bit higher quality, like a Treasure Hunter or Templar! I should also try to remember to cast Animal Companion to get a freebie critter in the gang.

Comments

Popular Posts