X-Wing Tournament Results

I've been on vacation for the last week. We went up to Helen in north Georgia and had a rather nice time just bumming around. I was very excited to come home to an X-Wing tournament to top it off! The tournament was at Savannah Lions in Pooler. There were eight players including me and David. I took a group of Rebels including Chewbacca in the Falcon, and ARC-170 and a Y-Wing.

My first game was against a fellow named Chris who was flying the Imperial Pizza Delivery Service, featuring three shuttles - the Lambda, Upsilon and Reaper.

He turned my Y-Wing into dust pretty quickly when I goofed and parked it in front of his full gunline. I continued to work on the Upsilon and managed to take it out, followed quickly by the Lambda which had been engaged in self-harm - Darth Vader had been throwing damage markers on my ships which damages his own ship in the process. In the end, the ARC and Reaper were left in a dogfight with a single hull point each. My ARC got the first shot opportunity and I won the game. Although it was a very tight and enjoyable game, my opponent couldn't bring himself to congratulate me, but rather simply blamed his loss on his own mistakes and poor rolls. What a pill.

My next opponent was Connor, flying the bizarre three U-Wing swarm. We gave each other fits early and the game turned into a real brawl. My ARC170 was his initial target and quickly succumbed to the massed firepower of his U-Wings. While he was doing that  though, I managed to get a couple of Ion tokens on one of his ships, forcing it to fly off the table. WINNING!

I managed to kill a second U-Wing before being wiped out. At least I made a respectable showing against a very tough opponent.

My third game was against Matt who was pushing around a Shadowcaster and a Punishing One. I didn't get any pictures but had a great time. I had his Punishing One down to a single hull point before my group was wiped out. Matt had one of those magical games where everything he tried worked exactly as intended.

David, who had lost his first two games flying a seven-TIE swarm, won his final game of the day, so he left on a positive note and I was happy to just have gotten a win.

I thought the force composition among the players was unusual - there were no bombers whatsoever and the highly cheesy auto-damage systems were non-existent. Only one player took the Expertise card - probably the shadiest card in the game.

Comments

Popular Posts