"Recently" Painted Malifaux

I finished this crew up last weekend. They're typically fantastic multi-part plastic Wyrd miniatures, in this case "The Plague Cometh" box set. It says a lot about the minis that I continue to buy and paint them even though I still haven't played the game. Now that 3rd edition is close on the horizon, I'm not going to invest any time in learning 2nd since it looks like a significant overhaul. Anyway, on to the pics.

The lot.

Scraps. His eyes are a little tribute to "I Am The Walrus."

The Rats.

Orphans / street urchins. The poor girl is chowing down on a rat!

 She's a bit more enamored by the rats.


And here's boss man, summoning a truly hideous monstrosity.

Believe me, this great green thing was a challenge to assemble.

But I really like how it turned out.

My painting was inspired by the TV show "The Frankenstein Chronicles." It's a period piece set in London in the 1820's and 30's. Everything is very dreary, dirty and dingy and that seemed to suit these guys perfectly. I very purposefully muted all the colors I used with grays and browns to eliminate bright catchy colors. They're still colorful but not gaudy.

Comments

Popular Posts