Some Batman Villains


I picked up the Kobra Kali-Yuga box set for Batman a few weeks ago primarily because it was discounted by more than 70%. I enjoy painting the Knight Models miniatures and, well, any excuse, right? Assembly took about 2 hours, then I primed them white, given their yellow/green palette. I whipped up a custom batch of mustard yellow airbrush paint since I only ever bought a "primary colors" set of paints for airbrushing. Those paints are not cheap and I'm still very much a novice with the thing. I did remember to reduce the air pressure a bit this time, giving me less splatter and better control. The results are not obvious on the finished models but made the whole operation a lot smoother.

The first five. These are the lower-ranked shlubs and lieutenants. After painting, they got a black oil paint wash and sat for 45 minutes. A rub down with Q-Tips and hitting some highlights... job's done!

I even painted their backs. Quite happy with the results... the others will get more attention soon. They're roughly 40% at this stage.  I think Zig and I are going to be playing Dragon Rampant this evening. I'm going to have a house full of youts.
YOUTHS.... and I don't want to set up the big table in a crowded house. It'll just add to the crazy.

Comments

Popular Posts