Recent Painting

It's been a good couple of weeks for painting. I've gotten things done without getting bogged down. Painting sessions have been sporadic but productive.

First up are twelve more bases of 1/72 cavalry for my Italian Wars project. That's 6 Jinetes and 6 Balkan mercenaries. The mercenaries are Jinetes figures with colors to match the Stradioti I did earlier and decidedly different hand-made shields. 




Curved lances aside, they'll do just fine. Now that I have enough models to fill out two force lists, it's time for a game! I'll try to get that planned a couple weeks out.

The next project was this monster!


The MV Saucy Sue. It's a 1/28 scale cargo ship meant for modern skirmish games - it'll be appearing in Batman and Infinity games on my tabletop. I did buy the extender that adds about 10 inches to its length; I haven't put it together yet. The basic boat is about 24 inches long and came from TTCombat as an MDF kit.





I added the shelf and roof magnets for the bridge. I figured the top should of course be removable! I guess I should get going on the extension and cargo containers.

Comments

  1. Great work.
    The Saucy Sue looks fantastic.
    Needs night effects in Gotham Harbor to be truly epic ...with the caped crusader kicking ass on deck :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sir. I'm so ready to put it on the table. Riddler and Co. up to no good with Bats and the Boy Wonder to stop them...
      And in the night effects department, I'm putting together a video game arcade room for Batman with some lighting. That should be awesome fun!

      Delete
  2. Lovely figures and boat, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second the Duc's comments above! All kinds of unsavory things happen down at "the docks" at night, looking forward to seeing Batman kicking a** and taking names.

    The cavalry look great, too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh for sure... my buddy Wayne recently picked up the Falcone family minis so we'll have some mobsters to add to the mix "down by the water." I really need to put my hands on a Bat Boat or Penguin's Submarine.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts