Game Table Upgrades

 After the post a couple weeks ago about my gaming table, I have made a two improvements. Specifically Tom and Bill, whose comments were most appreciated. 

First, I made some 8-inch stilts to raise the playing surface to a height more compatible with my own height. A friend of mine, Jamey, used to own a game and comic books store with his dad. They were both six-foot-four and the game tables in their place were correspondingly tall. I loved playing on them because my back wouldn't suffer after 3 hours of pushing lead.

I present, TABLE STILT:

A couple 7-inch 2x4s on a 1-inch base. They were glued and screwed. To ensure that the legs of the table stayed put, I knocked the bottom "cup" part off four identical protein-shake bottles and screwed them to the tops of the legs. 

A lick of paint and some no-slip grip material completed the job. 


It was not planned, but the table is now tall enough for the chairs to slide fully beneath, handily getting them out of the way!

There was a game of Naps early yesterday afternoon. More on that later.


 

After yesterday's game, since I had everything out, I implemented Bill's suggestion about the longer edge braces with more connection points. Rather than metal brackets, I used cheap, easy to work with yardsticks. In just a few minutes, I whipped together a pair of more stabilizers. These will get their first test during the 2022 iteration of Ski's Memorial Day Gaming Bash coming up in a couple weeks.

Have a good week ahead. I'll post the AAR from yesterday's Rank and File battle some time soon. Be well!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts