Stargrave Twofer

 There have been two campaign games of Stargrave in the last week or so. The first was a two-player game with me and David. David missed the first game so it was an opportunity for him to learn the game without many distractions. I set up a 24" x 24" table for the scenario called "The Botched Deal."

My deployment corner. The same crew members from the previous mission.

A birds-eye of the battlefield. Good old fashioned tight quarters urban fighting.

 
The Oddfellows spread out and got their hands on three of the five loot markers. The Ruffians who were present on the table as part of the scenario were no trouble for David or myself. 

During the battle, both David and I each took four casualties. It was pretty brutal. All of my casualties made full recoveries. David wasn't as fortunate, having a Gunner go KIA. His other three recovered without trouble. I did manage to pick up a Shotgun with +1 damage and a Carbine with +1 Shoot. I also picked up a fat 15 credits. I leveled up both my Captain and First Officer.

A week later, last Saturday, we played the other game. I just set the game up and GMed while Ziggy, Wayne and David all played their second game. The scenario I set up was "Fire Moon," a particularly challenging one with lava streams and tough wandering monsters.

The 36" x 36" battlefield. The "Cross of hot death" is part of the scenario description and just a big old pain for players to deal with. It's automatic damage and impossible to ignore.

As the GM, I was rooting for the critters who turned out to be rather dangerous!

A good chunk of Wayne's group.

Some of Ziggy's crew and lots of smoke.

Three cheers for the lava snakes!

David sends a schlub into to hot stuff to try to unlock the physical loot in the center. She did not successfully unlock it.

Ziggy and David spar over a data loot counter atop that storage cylinder. Ziggy's sent a drone up to grab it.

The casualty count this game was insane, a total of 13 taken out. Wayne scored TEN of those knockouts! A good time was had by all and all the participants got a nice haul of loot at the end of the day. We're all  looking forward to the next encounter - now that we're getting more proficient with the rules it's becoming more about playing and tactical gaming rather than mechanical struggles. 

Comments

  1. Nice looking tables. Both those scenarios are good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts