Painted Things

I have been working sporadically on the painting queue over the last few weeks. I got the itch to finish up some 3mm middle eastern style buildings from Game Craft. I bought two packs a year or more ago and only ever finished one set of 17. Now I've got more than I'm likely to ever need.
They're "matboard" and went together very easily with some carpenter's glue.

The other sizeable painting project was some 28-32mm interior scenery for Infinity and Batman. I picked up the Starship Scenery Terrain Crate from Mantic and was pleasantly surprised with it. The components are all single-piece medium hard plastic. They're a bit softer than a model kit but way more solid than Reaper Bones. I spray-primed the first handful black and the paint would never set - it stayed wet and tacky for days. After a long soak in 90% isopropyl alcohol, I tidied them up and simply hand-primed with el cheapo black art paint. I've still got a few pieces to go, but am very happy with the results and assortment.



These workbench tables are wobbly and I based them on thin plastic to keep them upright.



An awesome mix of scatter terrain that'll really dress up some secret hideouts.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts