Paintings!

 Cleared the painting table once again last evening. An entirely new project and subject matter this time around... some 1/72 Italian Wars minis! The minis are soft plastics from Red Box out of the Ukraine. I picked up Gripping Beast's Swordpoint recently and of course needed some minis to slug it out. Early Renaissance is pretty foreign to me so this will also be a bit of a learning experience for me.

So here we are, the first lot of Pikemen and Stradioti.







I also did up 8 Halberdiers but they won't get based until I've gotten additional minis painted up for their unit so the model mix per base will be a bit more varied. I had 80 additional minis arrive today - all manner of infantry - arquebusiers, crossbowmen, swordsmen, spearmen and halberdiers. They've been removed from their sprues and cleaned up. Hopefully I'll make good progress on them this week while I'm off work.

I also found these beauties in my pile a couple of weeks ago. Wayne will be excited, they'll go well with that other Epic Squat stuff I painted him a few months ago.


Yup. The Land Train. They were still in the blisters. $6.99 each from 1992. How awesome. I hope he likes them!

Comments

  1. Interesting to see you work on some Renaissance/Great Italian Wars stuff. It's my second favorite period after Napoleonics, and the available information is relatively limited, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking pikemen and stradioti, impressive pikes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts