Infinity AAR - Landing Strip Battle

 What's this? A proper miniatures wargame in Casa de Ski? It's been a while, that's for sure. Zig and I got together Saturday afternoon for a game of Infinity. I put some of those recently painted Starco minis on the table for a first go against Z's ever-present Pan Oceana military orders. I set the table up for a 300-point, 48 x 48 Domination scenario set at the maintenance area of spacecraft landing strip. There are four Consoles (marked in the picture) at which players can earn extra points if they successfully interact with them.



Mobile Bragada heavy infantry behind the red cargo container and a Salyut Zond (robot) hidden in the bushes covering my right flank.

A fireteam of Alguacils, Brawlers and a Daktari on my right, with a Tsyklon Sputnik backing them up.

The very cluttered landing strip.

And a view from the other side.

I opened up by having the Tsyklon with a Feuerbach (think nasty auto cannon) zip up the silo and get a bead on the Knight Hospitaller with the Heavy Machine Gun. I personally have a grudge against that Knight, he's killed so many of my forces over the years that any opportunity to shoot at him is a good one. To my delight, the 'Bot knocked that rotten knight down. The Medic Knight who'd done a better job hiding, confirmed the kill a few moments later. 

My chump fireteam on the left spreads out across the tarmac, using fuel canisters as cover, because why not? My Tsyklon on the silo has accounted for two more PanO oppressors. The kid at the controls of that thing was obviously using some cheat codes. Notice that I have a third 'Bot in the mix; that's a Reaktion Zond with a Heavy MG by the gate in the lower center of the picture. I was moving that up to help control the middle.

My Mobile Bragada team was moving up to the enemy side of the tarmac, heading for the console on that side. Note the scary black figure with a missile launcher in the distance next to the brown shipping container. The Knight medic actually got his shit together and started healing stuff I'd knocked out earlier in the engagement. 

And sadly I didn't take any more photos. In a nutshell, the Starco mercenaries took control of this section of the landing strip. The Mobile Brigada Lieutenant was knocked out in a shootout with the Knight Hospitaller 1LT. The decider was a terrific burst of shotgun blasts from a Brawler at the other end of the strip, catching a recently healed hacker with the Auxbot as well as a couple members of the Order Sergeant fireteam hidden behind that brown shipping container seen in the last picture. Having lost four models in a single action and flurry of shit dice, the Pan O forces backed off.

The new Starco team member performed very well and they're great additions to the crew. That Tsyklon bot was amazing, but that was as much a function of his positioning and weapon as much as anything. Be well and good gaming!

Comments

  1. Always good to gave fun gunning down old nemesis.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts