23 May 2024

Commissioning

 Wayne has a few more ideas in the hopper for our recurring Battletech games. One of those plans include deploying a Leopard-class dropship on the tabletop. That's this thing:

They're typically used to transport 4 average-size 'mechs to a planet's surface. I of course asked Wayne how he's like it painted and he gave me a very Wayne answer of "do whatever you want." I warned him that he might end up with a Def Leppard-class dropship. He wasn't bothered.

Wooooo!

I tell you what, I had fun with this.




I stuck with a paint scheme he's got on a few lances worth of 'mechs to create some continuity on the tabletop.

I free-handed the emblems on the ship, not my specialty, by a longshot. Those two open side doors will close. The front ones were no where near as forgiving and Wayne gave me permission to seal them shut. Chalk it up to a less-than-perfect 3d printed model. I enjoyed painting this model. I'm starting to get past my distaste of painting big models. :)





2 comments:

  1. Nice work!

    Now you need to make its map scale twin for proper classic Battletech.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wouldn't be surprised if Wayne has one in his collection. Great idea though.

      Delete

Tis The Season

 The season of the witch, that is. I'm on another tangent right now and have dipped my toe back in the 1/72 pool. The models are from Re...