Mid Week Off-Topic Post!

I do IT work. I babysit computers and end-users 9 hours a day. I understand that most people still regard computers as mysterious arcana and oft times I am regarded as some sort of sorcerer because I can make computers do what they are supposed to. I also get a lot of stupid requests from time to time. Stupid, as in, "the opposite common sense."

I got a classic request this morning from a lady who has had trouble faxing things in the past. Digest this for a little bit:
This lady, we'll call her "Stacey" since that's her name, can't send a six-page fax without killing our fax server and now she wants to send 4500 pages. Yikes! For those of you not "in the know," faxes are slow. Typical time to transmit one page is 35 seconds. This monster document would take approximately 43 hours and 45 minutes to send. I could drive it to Las Vegas in that much time, and stop for a few rests on the way.

Anyway, we found another solution. People never cease to amaze me.

Comments

  1. Another solution? Hmmm, let me think.

    Email?
    file-transfer site?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not quite that simple, since insurance companies don't want to make it simple for us to get paid. Seriously, why can't these things be emailed!?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts