08 January 2017

Saturday Activity

I've been hard at work on my recent pick-ups, some 6mm Polish Marines. The first batch of vehicles is done, though not based.



That's 15 OT62s (disguised as BTR0s) and 7 T-55s. I did a bit of a blue and white splash on the sides, primarily as a bit of color. See this PT-76 for a full explanation:

The troop carriers have magnets underneath so they can be easily removed from the metal bases I use if I want to use them as pure infantry.

And to wrap up the evening, Wifey and I played a series of MLB Showdown. We drafted new teams and although I was very happy with what I'd put together, I still managed to lose two of the three games. The finals were 4-3 Loss (Vinny Castilla homer in the bottom of the 9th), 4-3 Loss again (Vinny Castilla homered again in the bottom of the 9th, this time to tie it! She won in the 10th inning), and finally 8-7 Win (I jumped out to an early 4-0 lead, she scored 7 in the 3rd inning, then I clawed my way back to take the lead in the 8th and hung on for the win). See scorecard below.

3 comments:

  1. Impressive and great looking vehicles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That MLB Showdown paragraph is like reading something in a foreign language :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still easier to understand than Cricket!

      Delete