Rubber and Lead - Playtesting Night!

Ziggy and David came by to drive cars and critique the system this evening. I think Rubber and Lead is the game I'm most proud of. It's quick, unpredictable and represents itself perfectly. Its a race game with weapons. This isn't Car Wars, not by a long shot. It's more similar to the old video game Carmageddon which I enjoyed immensely.

This was Ziggy's first time playing, so game was a three car affair.
I ended up with Coppertop, David got the Flatbed and Ziggy got the Orange Camaro. We were also testing out my new track. I am happy with it. You can see the various move templates in the infield.

David gives me some mines to contend with.

My traditional finishing position. Ziggy won and David finished.

For race two, I sat out and refereed. I recruited my son and his buddy as drivers 3 and 4.

Sho, the friend, took the pole with the pickup truck, Junior got the Camaro, Ziggy drove the black van while David got the blue van.

After the first turn, a three-car push develops. You can see Sho's truck streaking away already.

I can't explain the shirt pulled over his head, but the boy can drive.

Christian and Sho pulled away from Zig and David. David kept terrorizing Zig with mines. It was actually pretty funny.

But moments later, Junior puts it in the wall like his old man. Out!

And Sho easily wins the race. A natural, I suppose. 

Race three - back to the old men again. Ziggy was in that red Mustang and David was in the yellow car. I got the van this time.

Not to be outdone, an eventful trip through the mines damages the van, send me skidding into the wall and out of the race. Didn't even complete one lap that time! Ziggy would go on to win.

We found a couple things that need to be explicitly defined in the rules, but otherwise the game ran wonderfully all three times. We all had a good time with it and I'm looking forward to showing it off at Gnomecon.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts