The Landing Pad

I was perilously close to buying a 15mm VTOL landing platform this morning when I talked my self out of the purchase and into making one myself. It may not be quite as fancy, but it'll work just fine.


Step 1 - the assembly. 4" X 4" balsa with a textured plastic sheet glued on. 1/4" balsa to lift it off the ground a bit.

Step 2 involved spraying it black.I found a cup with a nearly 4-inch diameter which conveniently helped me stamp a yellow circle on the platform. Oh, I also slapped together a ramp from some leftover scraps.


Step 3 - I did a light drybrush of some metallic shade and a heavy wash of dirty brown that doesn't show up well under flash photography. I also added some algae / fungus growing on the corner - suitable for it's jungle home. The Critical Mass Games VTOL looks perfect on it. I'm quite happy with the result.

Comments

  1. Nice idea. I like the tip of using a cup to make the circle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it. I'm looking forward to putting on the game table.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts