2019 Gaming

Here's hoping that y'all have had a nice Christmas. Mine was pretty chilled and the downtime was quite welcome. Work has been a real summnabitch lately and it's taken a toll on me. The current project is very close to completion so maybe things will lighten up soon.

I'm not going to try to predict what I might be doing game-wise for the next twelve months, but there are a few things I'd like to scratch off the list!

 1. I'm going to keep working on 20mm Napoleonics. I've posted next to nothing about them on the blog mostly because the project stalled for a while. I did however finish off some Prussian cavalry and cannons recently and just received Prussian foot-sloggers in the mail yesterday. Maybe I'll have enough done to play a small game next year?


2. Play more Batman. I've collected a bunch and put together some good scenery pieces. It's a good game just screaming for scenario play, and I've got ideas for sure.

3. Get in some Blood and Plunder games. Now that I've got two armies, may as well get some use out of them. Like Batman, the game is oozing with character, just waiting to exploited.


4. Play a game of Malifaux. Hahahaha! I've got loads of painted gorgeous minis and still haven't given it a go. We'll see.

5. Play an X-Wing 2.0 tournament. I was gifted the XW2 starter for Christmas; I'd very purposefully been holding out, but I resolve to stop being a stubborn old fart and get with the program now. I need to throw down some cash on conversion kits so I can use my pile of 1.0 ships.


Ziggy and I have really gotten a kick out of Infinity recently so I imagine we'll continue with that in the months ahead. I'm looking forward to Rapier game con in Jacksonville in February. I'm very sad that there will be no Gnomecon in 2019. Excited about the Memorial Game Day Bash and the next Tanksgiving.

Be well and good gaming!

Comments

  1. Happy new year... almost!
    Darn right about hearing nothing about 20 mm Napoleonics - a stealth project, it seems! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truth is, I've been painting them for over a year and they're unbased. I was waiting until I have enough together to base in a cohesive fashion. I thought I had posted some of the French infantry quite a while back. Maybe I'll pull the pile out for a photo :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts