Yesterday's Work

Yesterday I began working on a facade. Yes, both meanings of the word. Months ago I made some interior hallways and rooms for Batman/Infinity. Haven't used them yet but that's beside the point. I've envisaged a scenario involving going in and out of a high-tech lab or similar and wanted the indoor and outdoor worlds to mesh. Thus, the facade.


It's 18 inches wide and 6 high. Suitably sized to indicate a larger edifice. I struggled with finding a proper way to decorate the front but as I'm typing this I came up with an idea, so that's good. Awnings are always nice, so I've included one. We've got a 32mm Rick Flagg there to put things into proportion a bit for you.

Here's a sample of what the interior looks like. Yup, it's flat, but terribly practical from a gaming and storage standpoint, not to mention they can be re-arranged into whatever layout is necessary. They're made of 12" vinyl flooring squares, cut to shape on my bandsaw. The notable missing pieces of this puzzle are 1) interior doors and 2) furniture. I'm working on doors that are just simple drop-ons. They'll be quite necessary for blocking hallways lines of sight. Furniture is a work in progress. I got those cool medical research tables for Christmas and will be collecting more "stuff" for sure!

Comments

Popular Posts