Seeing the Forest

 I had a productive Sunday morning and afternoon yesterday, putting together some sci-fi jungle scenery together. I had picked up the components a month or so ago. Sunday, with two extra rugrats in the house, it seemed like a fine time to be a little anti-social and get in a bit of time with the hot glue gun.

I cut, sanded and painted the plywood bases that same month ago. The plastic flowers came from Michael's craft store - 90% off is hard to resist. I also mixed in some aquarium plants. I snipped the foliage apart and then spent maybe an hour and a half hot-gluing them to the plywood bases.


A bit of carpenter's glue and sand... a bit more cheap paint and voila!


They'll look nice mixed in with my other jungle plants, 28mm or 15mm. I have another 12" x 12" sheet of 3mm plywood. I've got half a mind to cut it into geomorphic strips to make some streams. I have some 4" wide river sections I made back in the FOW days that have served very well, but living in a flood plain / saltwater marsh, it occurs to me that more water isn't a bad thing. Plus, thinner water features would work nicely in 6mm games and I could finally replace the ugly felt strips I currently use.

Comments

  1. Looking good. It is well worth signing up for Michael's fliers etc, as something is always on sale, and seasonally there are great deals!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts