Updated "Blogger" Controls

 I'm curious... for those of you out there who use Google's Blogger platform for hosting your own blogs, what are your thoughts about the new interface and controls? There are enough small changes to just really irritate me. I won't be changing to a different platform; that would be too severe of a shift. Having been in the IT industry since 1991, I've seen many cases of "change for change's sake," and I'm having a hard time picking up in the value created by these changes.


If I didn't mention it in an earlier post, my usual gaming buddy Ziggy is currently deployed in the Middle East. He's a loadmaster on a C-130. Expected home in mid-October. Here's to him and all of you service-members out there. Stay safe! No more nasty ISIS jackasses shooting at your plane!

Comments

  1. I really hate the new version of Blogger. It has been designed for mobile phones and tablets and is inferior to the older format which was designed for PC users. I will be sticking with the old one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind it, with two exceptions. You now have to basically 'click twice' to insert a link, which seems unnecessary, and the ability to move an image around the page seems much worse. For that second reason, I have reverted to the old system, while its allowed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like it at all, why change something that wasn't broken?
    It took me 40 minutes today to delete all the spam comments I picked up over the last week, you have to delete each one individually???
    Bloody ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The simple addition of an extra click every time I upload a picture is frustrating. The picture re-sizing tool is sad. I don't get nearly the quantity of comments you do, Ray, but I agree, that new interface is for the birds as well!

      Delete
  4. I HATE IT!
    It's really difficult to use - and things that were easy before are hard now.
    I spent 20 mins trying to line up a comment directly under a pic earlier, and just gave up.
    Echo your comments on anyone who is deployed by the way. Our thanks to Ziggy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Switched back as soon as I could figure out how to do it... agree with Carole, the new interface is for phones or tablets, not real computers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can live with it, but frankly, the old interface was better. The new one doesn't even separate listings for draft vs published posts, and working with photos is harder. The only thing I like about it is the picture with each of your posts when you view the listing, but the rest is a step backwards!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts