Infinity AAR: Weekend (Weakened?) Warriors

 Zig and I got Infinity on the tabletop Saturday evening. It was a Supply mission with both teams trying to control as many supply objectives as possible. Us per the norm, Ziggy brought his Pan Oceania Knights. I used some newly-painted models, in the form of a Combined Army Onyx Contact Force. Not terribly much different from what I've pushed in the past but I always like to mix things up.

The battlefield du jour. My group would be on the right side, Zig's on the left.

New paint jobs on the left (a Hacker and her do-bot) while some hard pipe-hittin' space monkeys go right.

More new paint much further to the left. The mighty and brave robots of the Twenty First Programming Battalion!

There's a dad-blasted K-Night up the road with a narrow line of sight. Fortunately the range means his combi rifle is unlikely to keep my Rodoks from moving out. The move out and the groups exchange ineffective fire.

Sadly, a schlub with a rocket launcher (top center-left) walks out an fires the most accurate rocket in the history of rocketeering at my Rodoks One of my boys is knocked down, the others dodge outside the blast radius. My fireteam includes a paramedic who actually succeeded in patching up the injured guy! 

In an effort to shut up the most-hated knights, Ol' Bluie is programmed to step on out and exchange gunfire. The bot and knight shoot at eachother for a couple actions until Bluie springs a leak and expires.

I send the Batdroids and the Umbra Legate big man forward to deal with the knight roadblock. It's GOT to work.

After losing their 'Bot with the Spitfire, the UL reveals plan "C" which includes the phrase "Hey robot, hold my beer, check this out." He bolts across the gap to fire at the rocket launcher dude across the way.

Yeah boy. That's doin' it right there! I did not get a picture of that rocket dude hammering the Robok team a second time, killing the medic.

The big PanO team ran to the protection between the tuck and building. My Rodoks began hammering them. Felt good because I was getting slaughtered elsewhere!

The Knights had moved up so I thought it wise to charge them with Billy Badass. Turns out ol' Billy was wearing his "dress up armor" and not the real stuff. As they say, two to the body, one to the head. My leader was down and the Batdroids were in deep kimchi.

To my delight, the knights went outside to flank me rather than simply walking up to an objective and taking it. Queen Hacker Bit hit the Knight leader with an Oblivion routine blowing his mind and shutting him down for the duration! Woohoo!

The Rodoks finish off the Order Sergeants.

I did not photograph the massacre that was happening elsewhere. Those two Rodoks in the last picture are the only two guys I had left at the end of the game. Amusingly, we technically tied since neither of us captured an objective, although I think my guys would have quit the field early due to casualties. Regardless of the outcome, the game was a lot of fun and we got to use a lot of the weird and fun stuff including hidden deployments, deploying and deactivating mines, and hacking attacks. Looking forward to some revenge!



Comments

Popular Posts