WW2 Force on Force Testing

 I gave Force on Force a test run yesterday. It's been 4 months since I played it the one and only time. It wasn't too bad re-acquainting myself with it. The engagement featured two five-man German fireteams and 18 resistance fighters split into four groups. This was all contained in a tiny 24" x 24" area.

No thorough AAR, but a few pics of the action.







Things went badly for the resistance, being a poorer troop quality for the most part, their firepower was less reliable and the were less able to avoid taking damage from enemy shooting. Towards the end, the veteran team with the leader got off a good round of shooting at a German team but amazingly, all the wounds were superficial and all the Krauts hopped right up like nothing had happened.. 

At the end of it, two partisans had been captured, five KIA and one seriously wounded. There were no German losses.

I'm much more comfortable with the FOF rules now which was the whole goal and a few more plays through should solidify my strength with the system.

Comments

  1. nice looking game, Ski, and glad the rules flowed well. I had not thought about using FOF for partisan-styled actions this looks like alot of fun. maybe give the partisans a bit more firepower??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm sure, but I wasn't nearly as interested in the result as I was just coming to grips with the game's mechanics. More to come.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts