StarDust: Ground


After over a year of screwing around, I've finally gotten StarDust: Ground to a state that I'm happy enough with to make public. I've got a lot of insecurities about spelling and grammar mistakes so please go easy on me.

So, what is it? In short it is a 15mm sci-fi wargame.

Scale: Platoon. Each force will be composed of 3-6 squads and some vehicle squadrons. Ideally, 6-10 units per side for good game flow. More units will slow things down. Expect a solid 2-3 hour battle.

Dice: Primarily d8, although d4s will be handy.

Models: I've based my infantry per Flames of War standards because it is pretty. 40mm square bases will work fine too. Special weapons troops and leaders really should be on smaller or at least visually different bases. Individually based minis will be a pain. Vehicles do not need bases.

Space: It is designed for a 4 X 6 battlefield.

What Else: A tape measure and ruler in inches are pretty much required.You'll want a bunch of tokens to use as pin markers.

What's in it? Rules for ground combat! Specifically it covers movement, shooting the other guys, stabbing the other guys and running away from the other guys. Flying vehicles, transport vehicles, flying transport vehicles! There are three solid sample army lists included - Humans, Dogs and Robots. There is also a sample list for giant space bugs that isn't quite as thorough but offers a great jumping-off point. I've included a sheet of beautifully designed markers that's a breeze to print off on the ol' color laser printer at work. There's also a terrific Quick Reference Sheet that'll keep your games flowing so you can focus on killing the other guy's dudes and tanks.



Available now for a mere $3.99 on lulu.com in PDF format.

Oh wow - what a good post #500.

Comments

  1. Ski,
    Headed over there now to purchase a copy. Based on your description, it's everything I've been looking for. Plus I was really torn how to base my 15mm Sci Fi (single or in teams/squad bases).

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I look forward to your dissection of the fruits of my labor.

      Delete
    2. Reading your work - you have published a real gem here, Ski. I cannot wait to play these! Since all my 15mm guys are individually based, I think I'll use "sabots" at first prior to rebasing them so I can get a game in quicker. Plus I only have 1 sci fi vehicle so I'll only be using him.

      Very nicely done. I'll post an AAR after my first game. If I have any questions, I'll hit you up. Is your blog the official place to list rules questions or should I email you directly?
      (that is - if I have any. I'm mostly through unit shooting now and all my questions are being answered on subsequent pages!)

      Again - really nice work here. Any thought of translating these over to the contemporary era? Like 20th/21st centuries?

      Steve

      Delete
    3. Thank you for your kind comments! Sabots and proxies are always welcome :) That convoy of Abrams and T-72s could certainly stand in for a game of SDG.

      Email is probably better. I was reading through it earlier and found a couple of typos and a very obvious rule error. I need to re-compile the document. I'll post an update when I've published the edit.

      I think the game would work fine for moderns or even WW2 - my primary reason for honing in on SciFi is the broad freedom it allows.

      Delete
  2. I've updated the PDF - I found a few grammar issues and a couple of rule/example inconsistencies. If you've already purchased, you can download the updated version.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just brought a copy last night. I'll send an email as soon as I get done reading it over if I see anything.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts