And A Bit More Painting

 It's been a good week for finishing some painting projects. This group is the start and majority of a new Xenos Rampant (or any other sci-fi game for that matter) force. I spent time working on these over the last two weeks, between assembly, basing and painting. All that and I got those mechs done as well!

First up are ten "C3 Strike Infantry" from Warlord's Gates of Antares range. They were on sale and seemed like interesting looking fully-armored elites. They came with some hover drones I haven't touched yet.


Squad A with the turquoise mark.


Squad B with the purple mark on their helmets.

They're not going to win any painting contests but a eye-catching for sure and obviously mean business!

Now for the fun ones. These started as Wargames Atlantic Cannon Fodder. As I was assembling them, I thought about all the spare WA Goblin Heads I still had on sprues, since WA is so generous with options in their kits. The fit wasn't perfect, but was certainly close enough to work. Boom. All of a sudden I had some cool humanoid sci-fi grunts. A paint job to match their soldier vibe was in order. I'm very happy with the result. They look like soldiers, not just space-fantasy aliens.

There's the lot of 20.





Some fun additions to collection and an absolute delight to paint. I never intended the two different troop types to have any real uniformity or share any common look. I don't know if the guys in power armor are also goblinoids or a different type of being altogther, but they're brothers-in-arms against whatever foe they face. 

Comments

  1. Yes, somehow they work together. With your caveat the backstory should be fun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts