04 August 2024

And A Bit More Painting

 It's been a good week for finishing some painting projects. This group is the start and majority of a new Xenos Rampant (or any other sci-fi game for that matter) force. I spent time working on these over the last two weeks, between assembly, basing and painting. All that and I got those mechs done as well!

First up are ten "C3 Strike Infantry" from Warlord's Gates of Antares range. They were on sale and seemed like interesting looking fully-armored elites. They came with some hover drones I haven't touched yet.


Squad A with the turquoise mark.


Squad B with the purple mark on their helmets.

They're not going to win any painting contests but a eye-catching for sure and obviously mean business!

Now for the fun ones. These started as Wargames Atlantic Cannon Fodder. As I was assembling them, I thought about all the spare WA Goblin Heads I still had on sprues, since WA is so generous with options in their kits. The fit wasn't perfect, but was certainly close enough to work. Boom. All of a sudden I had some cool humanoid sci-fi grunts. A paint job to match their soldier vibe was in order. I'm very happy with the result. They look like soldiers, not just space-fantasy aliens.

There's the lot of 20.





Some fun additions to collection and an absolute delight to paint. I never intended the two different troop types to have any real uniformity or share any common look. I don't know if the guys in power armor are also goblinoids or a different type of being altogther, but they're brothers-in-arms against whatever foe they face. 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, somehow they work together. With your caveat the backstory should be fun.

    ReplyDelete

Tis The Season

 The season of the witch, that is. I'm on another tangent right now and have dipped my toe back in the 1/72 pool. The models are from Re...