StarDust Ground AAR - Dogs N Bots!

I broke out my 15mm sci fi game Sunday afternoon and played a game with David who had not played it yet. I put together two similarly sized forces using the Robot Army and the Space Dawgs. The Robots were due for some more testing and the Dawgs hadn't been matched up against them yet.

I laid out the terrain and deployed the troops, in the interest of saving time, and let David choose his force. He selected the metal militia and I used the canine corps.

My guys.
The bots.

We were set up in opposite corners, as hidden as I could manage, so troops wouldn't get picked off right from the get-go.

David moved his large hover bots forward early on. One of the Brawler tanks crushes one with a shot from its cannon. That was easy! 

I pushed my Predator walkers forward, toward the ruin occupied by one of my squads.

One of the elements of my command squad - the group with the purple marker by them - had gotten zapped quickly by a lucky shot. They moved back to cover and waited for help.

Help is on the way in the form of the walker squadron!

Meanwhile, the blasted Repair Bot gets to work on a damaged hover bot. 

The Brawlers turn their attention on the SuperBots in the grove and quickly shut them down! When Robots take an excessive number of hits, they shut down and go into repair mode. This is similar to morale for normal troops with some slightly different rules.

My Predators start to get involved on my right. The WarBots in the broken ground area start to lay down some fire though! Those small hover bots by the red building also make their presence felt.

The big silver monstrosities hit their jump jets and get a bead on my walkers! Fortunately, their aim is miserable and only one Predator is hit, his armor deflecting the shot!

But moments later they hit their jump jets a second time and are on top of my Predators which look puny all of a sudden! Luckily for me, their rail guns were just as off-kilter this time as they were previously! The pin markers were starting to pile up, but at least I still had units on the board.

I had to take advantage of the SuperBots who were shut down in the grove and assaulted them, destroying them. Unfortunately the squad who made the assault was shot to shreds by a robot gun line like the world has never seen.

Lots going on here - The WarBots in the middle moved into the building - needing to get their missile launcher to work against my tanks. My Red Claws assaulted the large hover bots but failed miserably. My tank and a squad of infantry on my left get moving to my right since that's where the fight is!

At my suggestion (since Dave is new to SDG), the RepairBot moves into close combat with one of my Predators who, laden with pin markers, is quickly cut down by the mechanical beast! Boooooo! The graphic ass-kicking rallies nearby robots and demoralizes nearby Dawgs.

Shocking embarrassment as one of my Predators can't take out a large hover bot in close combat!

Further shame as the hell-frisbee spins about and destroys the Dawg Walker!

I didn't get pictures of the center, but the robots infantry had suffered greatly and things were shaping up to be my tanks versus the robot big walkers - a very even fight. We called the game a draw. It had been a very entertaining afternoon.

I'm very pleased with how the game turned out - I'm quite proud of my creation and the rules and units held up well this time around, once again. One of these days I'll wrap it up into a published PDF, it's just that the process is very time consuming and that's been in short supply recently.

Thanks for the game David! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

Comments

  1. Rematch Definitely!!! I will have a cheering squad next time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts