New Stuff

If you know me at all, you know I don't espouse very many "glossy corporate" games with the notable exception of X-Wing. You could also lump Dystopian Wars in with that I suppose. So the other evening while perusing the clearance section of one of my favorite online stores I came across this for a mere $28.
It was in production for about a minute a year or so ago. I figured that the minis alone made it a "reasonably sane" purchase - there was certainly no intention of actually using the rules in the box.

And then my nine-year-old saw it. He was rather impressed and began asking questions. WOO HOO! After a quick trip through the rules, it looks easy enough for him to wrap his head around and I can't wait to give it a try with him. All of you gamer dads out there know exactly what I'm talking about. We've played some other games from time to time over the years but it's always been a one-off sort of thing. Maybe this one will stick or kindle some stronger interest.

And if it doesn't, the minis are very worth it - 10 endoskeletons and 17 resistance fighters.


Comments

Popular Posts