Paintery - Ze Germans

I had the urge to add to my 1/72 WW2 collection in the past couple of weeks so I placed an order for a few model kits. I picked up a Flak 36 "88," a 75mm light infantry gun (le IG18) and an 8-rad armored car.

Post assembly. I wised-up and magnetized the 88 and its turntable to both ease storage requirements and make it more model-rific on the game table. The 234 was a standard model kit from Roden. Being a model kit and not meant for gaming meant that it had loads of detail and fiddly bits. It was a fun build but the wheels and cow-catcher on the front were a bit challenging. The kit was actually the version with the big antenna over the vehicle, but it was so fiddly I decided against it.

The 88 and IG are both Zvezda models and were super easy builds.

The lot all dolled-up.

Always a favorite on the game table. My crewed weapons all have matching base-trim colors to make them easy to identify.


Bloody dangerous! I liked the kill-ring decal that was included.


The balkenkreuz decals were two-parters, separate white and black crosses. I used the white ones and to avoid extra frustration, simply painted the black crosses over them.




Comments

Popular Posts