Just an Update

Today was Second Amendment day for the Skis. Three quarters of the fam headed down to Richmond Hill to the WMA range for a bit of shooting. My sixteen-year-old was working otherwise he'd have been there, no question. This was my youngest son's first time shooting; he just turned 12 a couple weekends ago.

The Bride and Cameron.

Cameron's first go with my GP101.

And with the 9mm. 

Wifey getting used to the 9. We bought it last Spring and this was the first time we'd fired it. She's never done much shooting but now she's comfortable with the basics and with the weapon itself. There was female shooting instructor next to us that helped my wife with some solid advice. We got her card and may give her a call for some further instruction.

They boy with my M6 Scout. This gun was a hit. Four other shooters asked about it. I got it back around 2005/2006 for a little over $200. It's an over/under  22/410 survival rifle that was originally issued to USAF pilots in the event they went down and needed something to use to hunt game.They sell for over $500 now - out of production for over ten years.

In other news, more gaming related, I'll be heading down to Jacksonville for Rapier Game Con the weekend of February 7/8. I was talked into hosting a game and will be running some Check Your 6: Jet Age. I'll bring minis and paperwork for Arab-Israeli War and for a home-brewed Independence Day (motion picture) scenario with F-18s versus Alien fighters. It's something I've thought about for years and finally got around to making happen.

I found some decent spaceship toys of the right size and painted them up a week or so ago. Here they are with a 1/600 F-18 and an F-15.



They'll do nicely I think. I'm excited about the con... haven't done much gaming recently and it should be good. Be well!

Comments

Popular Posts