Infini-shed And Off-Topic

 I'm officially done painting all the Infinity models I had in the mountain. This lot were a gift from my Birthday back in June. They're more Combined Army troops - specifically Nox troopers. In all fairness, they cheap shlubs, but they can form a fireteam and with that army, that makes them a rarity. 

The painting is nothing spectacular. Color by numbers, black oil wash & wipe and a few highlights. I think the palette worked out nicely - the pastels look nice with the dark armor / equipment.




In other news, much of my creative energy over the last few months have been dedicated to designing and building this beast for my bride.


She wanted a raised garden-box, so after some thought and research, I put one together. It cost me as much as two good wargame armies and indeed is still taking my money, but more on that later.

Here it is with lettuce and other little things starting to sprout.This is Savannah, it doesn't get very cold here, if you're wondering why we're planting in September.

I drew up the design in Unreal Editor - a video game map design program I have significant experience with. I've spent hundreds of hours in my life building maps for Unreal Tournament and it seemed like a perfect CAD tool that at least I wouldn't have to re-learn.

Just a quick knock-up. The resulting planter is 5 x 3 and about 48 inches tall at the lip of the edges so the gardener won't have to wreck her back while working in it. Taller = better... I've learned that from hunching over low gaming tables for many years.

I'm adding a water pump to recycle rainwater runoff, lights and solar-powered battery system to run the whole thing. The electrics should be complete in a couple weeks. Before long, I should have a thousand-dollar thing in my back yard.The project has been incredible fun.

With the weather finally getting good, we had the extended family over last evening for a movie night... out door movie night!

A 6'x6' screen... the green table is for the projector and laptop.

Ta da! It was a fantastic evening. Mid 60's, breezy and the movie choice was "Cast a Deadly Spell."

Next week it's Halloween-themed Batman with Wayne, Mark and who know who else? Be well!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts