Recent Gaming

It's been busy and shifting priorities have left me with little time for real AARs lately. I have gotten in some dice and soldiers in the last couple of weeks though. Ziggy and I got in a game of Infinity a couple weekends ago. I pulled out the Combined Army plants for a run with the new rules. They held up well, although I think I'm getting a bit wiser with how to play with them. They're very much a fancy, sneaky army - not a hammer by any stretch of the imagination!


It was the first outing for my new split-level gaming table. I made 2 18" x 48" raised sections to give a bit of elevation change to my layouts. It looked good and worked really well. 

My plant of the match was a cheap schlub with a grenade launcher who was in a terrific position overlooking the central objective location. He absolutely wrecked Ziggy's knights who tried to move on that spot. It was really pretty glorious.

The swine flyboy knight made another appearance, this timing earning the title "Worm Burner" for cooking Dr. Worm and his assistants with ye olde flammenwerfer. At the end of the day, I got beaten pretty badly from a points perspective, but caused considerable casualties so it was of course worth it!


I put my space ship game Stardust on the tabletop last Saturday for a bit of solo playtesting. I wanted to test out a different activation / initiative system. That worked well. The game itself was a hoot too!

Both fleets converge on the objective space station! They're both trying to offload boarding parties onto it.

The Orange fleet was hammered due to some really streaky dice rolls primarily. It was really weird, rolling the same dice.. the Orange side's rolls stunk on ice while the Tan side's were phenomenal! It was good to put it back on the table again.

Be well and good gaming!

Comments

Popular Posts