Standing the Test of Time

I wanted to pick up a few Italian Renaissance "flavor" buildings for the 1/72 plastic troops and has trouble finding anything I was terribly happy with. Either the cost was too high or the models just didn't have the right "it" factor. I started perusing Wargame Vault for paper buildings and found quite a few suitable candidates. Just a few bucks and less than 24 hours later, I had them printed off at Staples on heavy cardstock. The PDFs were scaled down to 65% to be scaled for 20mm.

I've only put two of them together so far, but I'm quite happy with how they've come out. The trick is NOT rushing anything. I've mounted both on foam.

I implanted pennies in the foam bases to provide a bit of stability with a low center of gravity.

Magically, the bottle of glue fit perfectly in the tower, holding the base flaps secure while the glue set. 





Et voila! A completed tower and carriage house. A first go of Swordpoint may occur tomorrow and it should look a bit more period-appropriate with these inexpensive additions.



Comments

  1. They look very good. You might try a bit of paint along the edges of the tile roofs on the second building to get rid of the white lines.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts