Quick Inifinity Post

 Zig and I got in a game of Infinity last evening. I didn't take many pictures, mainly because the game was moving along pretty quickly and I didn't have time to get distracted by other things. The pairing was of course Zig's Pan Oceania force (sort of an expectation by now) and my Combined Morat Aggression Force. I used some mins that had not yet seen the tabletop. Impressively, the "Curse of New Paint" did not affect those models!

The battlefield.

The freshest paint on the table, my unit of "Hungries." A pure HTH unit, I struggled early on figuring out how I'd get them into the fray. I was hoping to run them through the yellow building but it turns out the hallway did NOT go straight through to the other side!

But Zig did me a favor and pushed his unit forward a bit, and on turn 2, the crazy unit's "Impetuous" order saw them jump 12" forward, applying a lot of pressure to the Pan O troops. My armor saves were nothing less than miraculous. 

The lovely beasties performed very well. I was very happy with them.

At the end of the evening though, my force had been all but wiped out; at the end of turn 2 I had but a Hacker, Dr. Worm and a Droid left. It had been a blood bath, but as usual, Zig's super-unit of Knights had been hiding/cowering and taking long-ranged shots with their big guns, picking off my courageous warriors as they sought to conduct battle in an honorable fashion. 

Maybe I'm not being objective? 

It was a very enjoyable game and as always, Infinity delivered on the entertainment. Be well and Happy Halloween!



Comments

  1. Game looks absolutely superb. Has a real anime/manga vibe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, in spades. And although the mechanics take a good bit of getting used to, it delivers a terrific game. I always enjoyed Necromunda and Infinity scratches that small unit / close quarters combat itch very well.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts