Recent Hobbying

 Things have quiet on the old blog lately - I really haven't had tons to blog about. I've been working on some paper buildings over the last week or so. I shrunk them to 1/72 scale and had them printer on 110# cardstock up at Staples. They've turned out nicely and will provide a nice change of pace for my WW2 gaming which tends to be rather rural.


Not bad for $4 (pdfs) + $18 (printing) + labor. Easier than scratch-building and painting, that's for sure. The low building's got rather dubious door positions if you select doors on both a long and short side! The buildings with support columns we reinforced with a length of 1/8 inch wooden dowel inside the support to provide some real strength.

I'm working on some new fighters to accompany these ruins.

Caesar Miniatures WW2 Partisans. By a wide margin some of the best 1/72 plastics I've come across. Solid castings, no flash, no sprues. Only downside was there were five decidedly civilian models in the box, but that's peanuts. They've got some reinforcements on the way, particularly some heavier weapons to deal with Wehrmacht armor that will no doubt be present. 

I'm thinking of using Forcce on Force rather than my usual Rate of Fire with these guys, given the asymmetrical nature of their fighting against the German occupying forces. Force on Force is perfect for these sorts of engagements.

Of, we drive down to Jacksonville on Thursday evening to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Amazing as ever and if you have the chance, it's well worth attending.

Rock on.


Comments

  1. cheers, Ski! my mom and daughter are seeing the Trans Siberian Orchestra today up here in Pennsylvania. the ruins look good - cant wait to see them on the table.

    I used to own Force on Force but could never figure out how to play it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FoF certainly is daunting at first blush and I had the same hesitation. Then I had the opportunity to play in a game at a con a couple months ago - a very nice Vietnam game. That cleared up a lot for me and made it much more approachable. It's perfect for asymmetrical warfare a la Afghanistan, Iraq, Vietnam and in my case, the Balkans in WWII.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts