Last Week's Gaming

 Wayne hosted some gaming last Sunday, at his office again. Nice guy, that Wayne. He was keen to put CY6:JA back on the table, particularly with the new planes I'd painted up for him recently. Oh yeah, those planes... I STUPIDLY took the commission work, did what I thought was a terrific job worthy of the commission and FORGOT TO TAKE PICTURES for the blog. Three Tomcats, six F-5 Aggressors and some Libyan Gulf of Sidra planes. Wayne set up a Top Gun movie scenario featuring very skilled F-14s against a boatload of crap "MiG-28s."

David and I flew the MiGs; being more experienced players, we we slightly better suited to  handling more planes. Mike and Mark each drove one F-14 to start. After a few turns, additional MiGs would arrive followed shortly by Maverick.

Good Golly Miss Molly, those are some SHARP looking planes! They're 6mm. Can't remember the manufacturer.

And our Aggressors

A few turns in and Hollywood gets popped by one of our missiles. I think it was mine from the "white" MiG. The Tomcat only suffered engine damage. No kill for us!

But in no time, that hoodlum Iceman knocks out one of ours!

Another MiG down!

That cocky Yankee Mav shows up and takes out a third MiG. We did manage to knock out Hollywood though!

In no time another Sparrow takes out a fourth bogey and we're done. As it turned out, a result very similar to the movie! The scenario was a blast and although the bad guys are clearly overmatched, it was worthwhile and close to being well-balanced in terms of victory conditions. Better AAMs on the MiGs would probably even things right out.

After Check Your 6: Jet Age we moved on to Rubber and Lead. Wayne had never played my home-brewed game of combat automobile racing. Interestingly I finished my game right when Gaslands was released. My game was not influenced at all by GL. Having played Gaslands, all I can say is my game is better.

This was the first time I'd tried R&L with five cars. It played just fine with an extra car on the track.

Early into the proceedings. From left to right it's Mark in the purple truck, me in the dark green/gold car, Wayne in the green/purple convertible, David in the yellow./red truck and Mike in the Greased Lightning Mini.

Mike makes quick work of the first lap. I'm in HOT PURSUIT! Lap two is always a dicey affair though with loads of oil, mines and wrecks on the track.

The other three however have miscalculated the final 90-degree turn and have to slow things down a lot. Wayne was victimized and put out of the race just moments after this photo was taken.

I managed to catch up with Mike and nudged him going into the home stretch. David's gone waaay the fuck off course, cruising around through the infield.

Friends... whatcha gonna do? Both our cars had but a single Body point left. Any more damage would seal the deal. 

And of course Mike nudges me on the approach to the finish line. Of course it kills off both our cars! NOOOOOOOOO!

And the King of the Skulkers, Mark J wins the race! He putzed around in last place for 90% of the race and only showed out at the end. David survived and was first-place loser. 

A nice blurry of the players

A great afternoon of gaming. I'm going to try out some Megablitz with James this weekend. Haven't played in ages. Be well!




Comments

  1. JESTER'S DEAD! "Drop below the hard deck and get your butts back to base immediately!" Love the Top Gun action, Ski!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say, the goofy movie scenario was rather entertaining. I'm not if we could manage a similar result out of a "Maverick" scenario. A few years ago I put together the basics of an Independence Day CY6 scenario with FA-18s duking it out with Alien space fighters. Our next CY6 game might be just that.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts