Commissioning

 Wayne has a few more ideas in the hopper for our recurring Battletech games. One of those plans include deploying a Leopard-class dropship on the tabletop. That's this thing:

They're typically used to transport 4 average-size 'mechs to a planet's surface. I of course asked Wayne how he's like it painted and he gave me a very Wayne answer of "do whatever you want." I warned him that he might end up with a Def Leppard-class dropship. He wasn't bothered.

Wooooo!

I tell you what, I had fun with this.




I stuck with a paint scheme he's got on a few lances worth of 'mechs to create some continuity on the tabletop.

I free-handed the emblems on the ship, not my specialty, by a longshot. Those two open side doors will close. The front ones were no where near as forgiving and Wayne gave me permission to seal them shut. Chalk it up to a less-than-perfect 3d printed model. I enjoyed painting this model. I'm starting to get past my distaste of painting big models. :)





Comments

  1. Nice work!

    Now you need to make its map scale twin for proper classic Battletech.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wouldn't be surprised if Wayne has one in his collection. Great idea though.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts