A Month Later and a New Scale

 It's been a minute. Life's been busy and there hasn't been a tremendous amount to report on but now there is. Since reclaiming my painting area, I've been able to make solid progress on my latest unusual project. I started buying these models in late April and did a little work on them before the BIG SHUTDOWN. Now, I happily reveal my efforts: 40mm sized Vikings and Saxon villagers! The idea of a Viking raid game based on the Nightwatch system hit me a reasonable idea for a convention game. With a goal date of mid-September, I set to work. The Vikings would take the role of the "Heroes" in Nightwatch terms while the Saxon villagers would fulfill the role of "Monstrous Hordes." I picked up some Saxon warriors to take the roles of the nastier Monsters that are encountered later in the game. On with the show.

Eight Vikings:

The archers are Sash and Saber sculpts while the others are Etsy 3d printed resin models. Those 3d printed models are absolutely amazing. Everything is based on 2" wooden discs. Maybe they're a bit uniform for a Viking group, but I wanted to keep things very obvious on a game table.

Two Saxon Warriors:
These are also Sash and Saber sculpts. That spear is a 2-part thing. Ugh. Breaking my balls. There are four more in the painting queue that will join these fellas.

And of course, twenty villagers!


These were a hoot to work on. There are a couple of slings in the mix to keep the raiders on their toes.

And of course, you can't have a village raid without a village, so I picked up some buildings on Etsy and scratch-built an animal pen. The animal pen needs some grass clumps.

Basic hosue 1

Basic house 2

Advanced house


And the animal pen. It's not small. I need to get some sheep or goats as raid objectives. 

And there you are! I have been doing things but just not posting on the blog. David, Mike and I got in a game of Star Fleet Battles yesterday but that's another post... Be well!




Comments

Popular Posts