The Big Paint

At long last, the beast is finished. The Terrorgheist that came with the Flesh Eater Courts box set has made its way through the painting queue and is now ready to kick something's head in.


Big models like this give me lots of trouble - I really have to get over the psychological hump and it typically takes a few weeks to get worked up into the right frame of mind. I've had similar problems with other big models such as these and Bane. Coincidentally, that Bane post also has this dragon's little buddies.







I'd like to get in an into game of AOS before putting any more money into it. Work buddy Landon whose idea this was to begin with has been alerted and perhaps we shall throw dice in the very near future.

In other news, my dog got very sick on my Games Workshop Battle Mat a couple of weeks ago. Poop and barf have a way of ruining things. I'd had the mat quite a while - it made its first appearance here back in post #5 and I had it at least a year or two before that. I got it when I was big into FoW back in 2009/2010. Regardless, I was in no mood to attempt a cleaning and disinfection. The mat was retired to the trash. Man, there are a LOT of fond gaming memories associated with that thing. But, life goes on and I splashed the cash on one of the newfangled neoprene mats. I ended up going with Frontline Gaming. They had a pretty good sale going on last week and it was $15 off.
Of course now I just have to come up with just the right game to Christen it. Modern Spearhead or StarDust Ground seem right enough. So does AK47. Hmmm.

Be well!

Comments

Popular Posts