Small Painting

 I had the urge to get some value out of my 6mm Fantasy miniatures and was inspired to go the route of Historicals rules. If things work out, I'm crafty enough to paste a magic system on top of the rules. I ordered Milites Mundi from Gripping Beast, having rather enjoyed Swordpoint. MM is pretty close to Swordpoint from a mechanical standpoint, but geared towards smaller scales and bigger battles. Enough of that though... I did slap some paint on a few 6mm Dwarves. Models are from Microworld Games. 

Dwarven Ram-riding handgunners.


Pikedwarves. It would be weird to call them Pikemen, right?

Yeah, I know the troop density on those bases looks thin, but for me it's the aesthetic I like. 

So, I went through the Late Medieval / Early Renaissance force list book and found suitable proxies for my Dwarf and Dark Elf armies. The Dwarves lined up pretty well with a Byzantine list. The Dark elves matched up nicely with an HRE list. More later for sure. 

Comments

Popular Posts