Caribbean Clash - Blood and Plunder

 Ziggy and I got together for a game of Blood and Plunder last weekend. It had been more than a few months for me and more than a couple years for him since the last game. That being the case, I felt it prudent to pass on the boats which have some rules I've never used. It would be a bit of a learning game for Z. I put together two forces, French and Spanish and we squared off.

We deployed in opposite corners, separated by a creek. There were three objective locations to control represented by two barrels and a chest.

I upgraded the bridge's mounting spikes since its last outing with some skull beads I got at Spirit Halloween store many months ago.

How many 28mm metal French can the bridge of doom support? Well, at least 9!

I pushed forward with my Lanceros to the central objective atop the hill. I had captured the chest location with a small group of Sailors. My Militia fumbled around in the back creating a reserve for my force.

I also had a group of Natives helping out; they skulked around to the right. They're quick through dense terrain so were a lot more mobile than other units on the table.

The Lanceros charge up the hill and an almighty scrum erupts between them and the French who had taken up residence! After this battle, the hill would be known as Cerro de Sangre.

My natives pile in atop the hill, looking to even things out. My sailors off the the left had been wiped out so I had the militia unit move in to take control over there.

But a few more minutes of fighting and the living men atop the hill are heavily outnumbered by the dead. My militia took a some fire by French troops in the woods and lost their nerve, hitting the jungle floor!

The battle ended and as happens all too often, nothing had been decided! It had been a well-fought skirmish for sure. Next time, we'll break out the boats. Be well and good gaming!



Comments

Popular Posts