Gaming and Painting and Coughing

 I've been under the weather the last few days. I've been hard at work watching Mythbusters and assembling miniatures while coughing, snotting and aching. Feeling much better today, though the congestion will be with me a while I suspect.

Zig and I pulled out X-Wing on Saturday. It had been a while for both of us. We used the updated "2.5" rules by Atomic Mass Games. Some minor changes but nothing game-changing.

I put my Galactic Republic Jedi + Clones out there, including young Anakin, Obi Wan and Yoda. How's that for a triple-crown?  Ziggy's Separatists had difficulty finding the fire button and it ended up as a pretty one-sided affair. Either way, it was nice to play the game again.

I finished up some oddball miniatures I had on the table. Some cultists, a vampire, a sweet truck, a creepy guy in a big hat and a piece of steampunk machinery. 



Fun stuff to paint for sure. The machinery objective is from the out of production Spartan Games Dystopian Legions game. It's been on my paint table's "back lot" since March 2016. Holy shit, that's longer than my father's been deceased!

And here's a quick pic of the eleven Malifaux miniatures I assembled over the last two days.
Fairly vanilla "guys and girls with guns" in very dynamic Malifaux poses that I hope to put to use in a pulp game that's been bouncing around inside my noggin for a few weeks. Wyrd makes some fabulous models. Holy crap they're good. 



Comments

  1. Lots of good stuff to pore over here. I like the cultists - very Indiana Jones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And for, I think, $3.00 each, way too good to pass up. The Vampire and creep were $1 each from a "scrap" pile at Southern Front.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts