22 December 2017

Freshly Painted "Normans"

It says "Normans" on the packaging, but I've got other ideas. These are some lovely 15mm miniatures from Splintered Light who'll be the core of a "good guy" force for Dragon Rampant. I've got those nice collections of Dark Elves and Undead, but no comprehensive group of protagonists. Browsing Splintered Light's selection, I thought the Normans had that classic look for what I was after.

The first batch of 24 are these spearmen and archers.










Maybe the sun's Midwinter rays will cast some special magic on these guys. I did smart-up and paint ALL the shields at once, so those of the heavy infantry and horseman are already done and match the shields of the rest of the army. Brilliant!

1 comment:

Orks, Meet the Y

 Two projects for this update. First, a follow up from last weekend's post. The YMCA sign is done and came out nicely IMHO. and the othe...