Recent Painting

I have been a bit productive with the paintery in the last month or so. Nothing like I was years ago, but not terrible. First off are some Infinity guys. I started collecting a new faction - the Combined. They're considerably different from the Ariadna I've been using, with the added benefit of being on sale when I picked them up! Half price is good bait for sure.

The completed group. It's the Shasvastii starter box plus a Charontid (the big purple guy). The Shasvastii are plant-creatures and rather bizarre.

 Three Shasvastii seed-soldiers.

 A Malignos (yellow), Shrouded (blue green) and Speculo Killer (the feminine one).

Big Un. He doesn't fit my typical M.O. but that's part of the interest - it's a big departure from the other faction I've been using. He's a very powerful single model and should be a blast.


Some other angles. I've got eight more Combined models in the queue so before long I'll be able to take them for a spin on the tabletop.

Also completed are some 6mm Sci Fi stuff I picked up a month or so ago from Khurasan.
They were a guilty pleasure pickup. I love painting 6mm stuff and had not for a while. It was a relatively inexpensive scratch of an itch. It did inspire me to work on some new rules ideas. Maybe I'll give them a play test some time.

Tanks of course

 Heavy weapons teams

Anti-vehicle infantry teams

And walkers of course!

A fun little project. I'm looking forward to having them square up with the Space Marines or Orks.

Comments

  1. How was the quality of the Khurasan stuff? I read something a long while ago about it being somewhat poor (in 15mm), and sort of shied away from it afterwards. (notwithstanding that I have far far too much to paint to be shopping for more anyway)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've bought a bit of 15mm stuff from them and been happy with it. This is my first 6mm purchase from them and it's good - certainly not GHQ quality, but of course nothing is GHQ quality! I am quite happy with the models, though the walkers were multi-part models and a real bitch to assemble.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts