Infinity AAR: Aaaargh!

Like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football, I've been on quite a streak lately. I hoped to right the ship Saturday with a game of Infinity with Zig. I put together a list of Combined forces and Z used his Pan Oceania knights as usual. Umpteen weeks of "shelter in place" and he still doesn't have his Japanese assembled and primed and the PanO are also still mercilessly barely painted.

I didn't photograph much, so this isn't a very thorough batrep.

The scenery was pretty. I thought it was a nice urban park area rather than a woods meet town situation.

The boss lady and some assistants.

Critters and bots holding  up the left flank.

My Gwalios nails a sneaky snake with a rocket. Burn!

The last of my leader's fireteam is beset by the semi-painted masses.

Dr. Worm and a well-hidden hacker (that purple and white marker) hold out until the bitter end. I should have called the game 20 minute earlier but I wasn't going to give Ziggy the satisfaction.

It was en entertaining game, frustrated by crap dice and an early mistake by both of us. That mistake cost me what would have been a telling kill at the time. Oh well, spilled milk... we'll get 'em next time.

We played two games of Command and Colors Ancients after tidying up the mess. Our series ended up on the Battle of the Ticinus River - Hannibal v. Scipio. I used Carthage in the first engagement and it was a dicey affair with a good bit back and forth. In the end, I managed to keep the momentum up and got the win! Rather than switching scenarios, we simply swapped sides. This time, as the Romans, I really hit like a ton of bricks. I think the final score was something like 6-2. Ziggy's dice the second time around were abysmal and mine were at least average. If you've played C&C, average dice plus a good card draw = hard to beat and I got excellent cards at the right times. I even managed to pull off a strong Rally, patching up two medium cavalry units and a light infantry on just four dice!

So, the massive losing streak has ended. Looking forward to the next game of whatever. Be well!

Comments

  1. You got in a lot of gaming there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Start early, order pizza and kick ass (or get rolled over in record time). The C&C:A scenario is a brisk one with so much cavalry - they move fast and die quickly.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts