Toy Boat Toy Boat Toy Boat

 The first group of Armada ships are off the painting table! They've been in process for a few weeks, between assembly, head-clearing and decision making, base texturing and simply painting them. Sail color choice was a big decision point for sure. I knew I wanted a bright color but it wasn't until I started mucking about with my airbrush colors that I had something mixed up that I was pleased with. The offset orange was the other struggle but I have to say I'm rather happy with the way my "Gatorade Greenskins" turned out, especially for rocking' that color palette.







The ships are new Mantic Games "Armada" ships - two Orc "Smasher" battleships and a "Bombboat" small ship with a big mortar. The fourth ship I picked up was missing a component in the box, so it's still in the queue. 


I hope everyone had a nice Christmas and that you're all staying safe. Be well!

Comments

  1. Nice job painting these! How big are the ships?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The big ones, about 4 inches long. I'll get a pic or two against some 15mm and 28mm stuff tomorrow.

      Thanks!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts