26 December 2020

Toy Boat Toy Boat Toy Boat

 The first group of Armada ships are off the painting table! They've been in process for a few weeks, between assembly, head-clearing and decision making, base texturing and simply painting them. Sail color choice was a big decision point for sure. I knew I wanted a bright color but it wasn't until I started mucking about with my airbrush colors that I had something mixed up that I was pleased with. The offset orange was the other struggle but I have to say I'm rather happy with the way my "Gatorade Greenskins" turned out, especially for rocking' that color palette.







The ships are new Mantic Games "Armada" ships - two Orc "Smasher" battleships and a "Bombboat" small ship with a big mortar. The fourth ship I picked up was missing a component in the box, so it's still in the queue. 


I hope everyone had a nice Christmas and that you're all staying safe. Be well!

2 comments:

  1. Nice job painting these! How big are the ships?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The big ones, about 4 inches long. I'll get a pic or two against some 15mm and 28mm stuff tomorrow.

      Thanks!

      Delete

Tis The Season

 The season of the witch, that is. I'm on another tangent right now and have dipped my toe back in the 1/72 pool. The models are from Re...