Quick Update

 Just checking in. Not much going on here besides some painting. Ziggy and I did test out the Crusader Publishing game Legions of Battle last weekend. LOB is a high fantasy mass battle system along the lines of WHFB. It was a quick exercise meant to vet the rule system and serve as a decision point as to whether or not it was worth investing time into.

Dark Elves advancing on the Dwarves. Dwarven boar riders have flanked me up on that hill.

Turns out, the game is pretty solid, although we both agreed that post-melee break tests are entirely too vicious. That'll need to be corrected before the next outing. One failure and the unit is removed. Ugh. Our dice made it a point to roll high for break tests and we went from a full assortment of miniatures on the table to half that number in two turns!

So at the end of the day, yes, we'll put it back on the table. My 6mm fantasy armies are based on entirely too large 2 inch X 1.25 inch bases, primarily because I had a ton of them at the time. I really need to re-base on smaller, square bases. I finished up a 30 Dark Elf spears and based them on 1.25 inch squares. They look better and the smaller bases mean tighter footprints on the game table. 


 I decided I'm going to re-base the collection. It really just needs to be done. Of course that project will have to wait until my wife and I get back from our vacation. It's our 20th anniversary this week so we're jetting off to New England for the week. We've never spent much time up there - it's been over 30 years for me. It should be a nice get-away.

Comments

Popular Posts